Tuesday, July 14, 2009


WoW! I can't believe it's been nearly a month since I posted a blog. I didn't realize it til several of you started emailing me about it. Time has become very blurred. I still don't feel like I have caught my breath from being gone from home so much.
I'm feeling overwhelmed with all there is to do and to catch up on. Thank You Notes for example. Oh my goodness! I don't know how I'm ever going to get all those out to everyone that has helped with prayers, food, the benefits....everything! If you're reading this...your Thank you card will come - eventually!

We are SO thrilled to announce that Savannah felt good enough to go work at Camp War Eagle as the camp photographer. She will be there for a total of 5 weeks. Before she left she took her breathing treatment here in town as well as an ultrasound on her leg (due to some swelling). It turned out to be fine.
She will be going back to NIH on August 12th & 13th for her monthly check-up.
I can't wait to hear what the doctors have to say about how much the tumors have shrunk. The really large one on her neck is barely visible. God is SO good!
After she returns from Bethesda she will only have a short time til school begins.
She will be attending NWACC for a few semesters till she decides what she wants to major in at U of A or who knows where.

Bo is still at Camp War Eagle working and will still be at the UofA this Fall.
Shelby has been playing Music shows like crazy this summer, solo and with her band "Out of the Sticks" VERY entertaining!

I was reading in the June 17th blog that Corinna had not left the country yet.
She ended up passing her driving test with flying colors......LOOK OUT GERMANY! Attended her first Vacation Bible School ever. Went Fishing for the first time....and last, I'm pretty sure. :) And finally, on June 29th, after much ado, we got her to XNA to begin her long journey home. We arrived early and it's a good thing because she had too many bags so they charged her extra and then the bags that could be checked were too heavy so we spent some anxious minutes transferring stuff from her bag to a plastic airline bag. Not to mention the big, poofy, Prom dress that we had suctioned into one of those flat storage bags. The only problem with that was the unseen whole somewhere in the bag that let all the suctioned air back in. It kept wanting to inflate. This is where my handy taping skills came in...by the time I was done, her big, beautiful, dress looked like a squashed up bag of potatoes. I hope it's wearable again.
By the time we got through our tearful goodbyes and she got thru security they were doing the last boarding call. She later told us that when she got to the last security guard she was crying so hard that he even gave her a hug.
I think she loves America. We certainly love her and will miss her like crazy.
One of these days when I have time, I'm going to post an overview of her "experience " in America. She has several interesting stories she shared with us about life before she came to live with us and then there are our stories...yikes!
Hope everything is well with all of you. Please keep Savannah in your prayers for continued healing and strength while at camp. Thanks Love to all

1 comment:

  1. Patti, so good to hear the good news.

    Our summer is winding down with August approaching (like Tomorrow!).

    I don't think that it has hit me that I am retired and won't be going back to school with the kids. I'm trying to brace myself by substituting exercise in the place of those children. It's not the same, but serves a worthy cause. ;-)

    Blessings on you and the family.