Tuesday, August 18, 2009

On the last post I was talking about Savannah and Bo at Camp War Eagle. Well.....they ended camp a week and a day early this year due to the outbreak of FLU. I think the counselors were more upset about it than the kids. Of course the kids were very upset too since it was just the first week of their two week camp.
I'm amazed at the quality of the camp and the dedication of the staff. Many of the kids come from very troubled homes or have had horrendous things happen to them. The counselors are so focused on the kids and their need to just be kids and to have fun in a safe and secure environment. They try to help them focus on God and his all encompassing love. It is really a GREAT thing.
Anyway.....Savannah came home from camp with the flu. We got her to the doctor where she got a prescription of Tamiflu (sp?). The doctor said the whole family needed to be treated so we were all on meds. I guess it's a good thing because she shared her germs with me and I got it too! :( I THINK we are all OK now...?

NIH called and rescheduled Savannah's appointments from the 12th and 13th to the 19th and 20th, so...she and her friend Haley will be flying out in the morning (Wed) at 6:15am to Bethesda. They will return on the 21st.
PLEASE pray for their safety and for a great report from the doctors. We don't expect anything but good news but prayer is very reassuring :)
I will keep posting as I know more. Thanks for the prayers. Love to ALL

No comments:

Post a Comment